Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm back!

I've decided to return to the blogging world after being gone for nearly 10 months.
My first year of teaching is now over. I can't believe it. I have throughly enjoyed this year. It has been one of the most rewarding and challenging adventures ever.

Did you know that effective teachers...
-hardly ever sit behind their desk.
-work until 5 or 6 o'clock and often sacrifice family time among other things.
-often go unrecognized.
-impact student behavior!
-hate working so hard.
-spend aaa lot of money on classroom materials.
-give the students what they need to fill gaps.

I was blessed to work in the middle of a closely knit 4th grade team. Can't believe how tremendously patient and helpful these girls were. I don't know how it can get any better than this.

This year I also had my first margarita!

Update on family:
Josh finished his first year of law school. wohooo! He's working on the first quarter of his second year.
Shelby's swimming and starting agility classes on Monday :)


I leave you with a picture of my students just 3 days ago- End of Year pic! Good bye 2008-09.

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I love the picture! :) Glad you and Josh are doing well!

Love you!!