Friday, October 24, 2008

Crazy neighbors

Three nights ago, Josh and I woke up to a high vibration of loud music on our bedroom window. The neighbor (someone at the neighbor's house) decided to turn on their car stereo and blair music at 2:10 am. Josh called the cops and 20 minutes later the music was gone....

Fast forward until this morning. I woke up to a loud 'BANG' and deep voice yelling at the neighbor's house. My first thoughts were #1: a woman is being hurt. #2: a drug deal is happening and someone is really ticked. After being scared for a little while, I looked outside to see the SWAT team surrounding the neighbor's house! There was a dog with them, so we are sure they were being busted for drugs. It was crazy. I know why they are the SWAT team. Everything they did was really clean. No flashing lights, no million officers yelling "down, down" or pulling out guns. We didn't see the actual arrest, although I probably would have liked to have seen it. Josh and I wish we would of gone outside to ask what was happening.  After all, it took place less than 10 feet away from our front door. We even considered asking the SWAT officers for a picture. JK. 
We haven't seen anyone at their house since this morning. The only thing that's left outside is an orange sticky note on their white front door. 
There's nothing on the news about what happened, but I'm sure something will come up. 
......

I'm off to the Women's Conference at Antioch tonight and tomorrow!
Right before leaving the school, my co-workers said to me, "go get holy and please bring it back."
-I'm off the go get holy. 

Gilda

3 comments:

Ashley said...

OMGosh! That's insane! I'm glad you guys are alright. I think you should have asked the SWAT team for some pics together. haha..that would had made a REALLY funny post.

I hope that you had a great conference and "got holy." :)

I apologize for missing your call the other day. I got a new phone and I'm still trying to get used to it. I also didn't realize that you left a voice message until a few days ago!!

I hope to give you a call sometime this week and see how your doing.

Love you Gilda and talk with you soon!

Ashley

Anonymous said...

Ok, so when are you guys moving? I think your neighborhood might be a little scary.
Keep the doors locked and I will pray for some nice new neighbors.
Love you both,
Stephanie

Ang said...

Hey sweet friend! i miss you!! I tagged you!